Secure your RESTful purposes opposed to universal vulnerabilities
About This Book
- Learn tips to use, configure, and manage instruments for purposes that use RESTful net companies to avoid misuse of assets
- Get to grasp and connect the commonest vulnerabilities of RESTful internet companies APIs
- A step by step advisor portraying the significance of securing a RESTful net provider with basic examples utilized to real-world scenarios
Who This ebook Is For
This ebook is meant for net program builders who use RESTful internet companies to strength their web content. past wisdom of RESTful isn't obligatory, yet will be advisable.
What you'll Learn
- Set up, enforce, and customize your improvement and try out environment
- Learn, comprehend, and assimilate suggestions inherent to safety administration on RESTful purposes and the significance of those concepts
- Implement and try out safeguard in your purposes that use RESTful internet prone with the main beneficial innovations and interpret the try results
- Apply and configure safe protocols in your application
- Implement, configure, and combine different applied sciences equivalent to OAuth or SSO with RESTful applications
- Learn and assimilate safety recommendations at JEE program and box level
- Understand electronic signatures and message encryption via descriptive examples
This ebook will function a pragmatic better half so that you can know about universal vulnerabilities while utilizing RESTful prone, and should give you an vital wisdom of the instruments you should use to enforce and try out defense in your purposes. it is going to hide the ins and outs of establishing RESTful providers reminiscent of enforcing RESTEasy and securing transmission protocols resembling the OAuth protocol and its integration with RESTEasy. in addition, it additionally explains the implementation of electronic signatures and the mixing of the Doseta framework with RESTEasy.
With this e-book, it is possible for you to to layout your personal protection implementation or use a protocol to supply permissions over your RESTful functions with OAuth. additionally, you will achieve wisdom concerning the operating of alternative gains comparable to configuring and verifying HTTP and HTTPS protocols, certificate, and securing protocols for facts transmission. by way of the top of this publication, you have accomplished wisdom to help you to notice and clear up vulnerabilities.
Continue reading Download E-books RESTful Java Web Services Security PDF
By Bhushan Lakhe
Practical Hadoop Security is a wonderful source for directors making plans a construction Hadoop deployment who want to safe their Hadoop clusters. A precise advisor to the security suggestions and configuration within Hadoop itself, writer Bhushan Lakhe takes you thru a finished study of find out how to enforce outlined defense inside a Hadoop cluster in a hands-on means.
you are going to begin with a distinctive evaluate of all of the safety techniques to be had for Hadoop, including popular extensions like Kerberos and OpenSSH, after which delve right into a hands-on implementation of consumer safeguard (with illustrated code samples) with either in-the-box good points and with protection extensions applied by means of top proprietors.
No protection approach is entire with no tracking and tracing facility, so Practical Hadoop Security subsequent steps you through audit logging and tracking applied sciences for Hadoop, in addition to able to use implementation and configuration examples--again with illustrated code samples.
The booklet concludes with crucial point of Hadoop protection – encryption. either kinds of encryptions, for information in transit and knowledge at leisure, are mentioned at size with best open resource initiatives that combine without delay with Hadoop at no licensing cost.
Practical Hadoop Security:
- Explains significance of defense, auditing and encryption inside a Hadoop install
- Describes how the top avid gamers have integrated those positive factors inside their Hadoop distributions and supplied extensions
- Demonstrates the right way to manage and use those gains in your profit and make your Hadoop deploy safe with no impacting functionality or ease of use
Continue reading Download E-books Practical Hadoop Security PDF
Terrorist teams and arranged crime cartels pose an expanding chance of kidnapping all through many areas within the notice. even as, overseas go back and forth has develop into extra standard for either enterprise and rest reasons. Kidnapping and Abduction: Minimizing the probability and classes in Survival provides a realistic consultant at the precautions tourists can take to prevent being abducted or derail a kidnapping test in growth. within the occasion this can't be shunned, the booklet offers suggestion on the way to determine survival in the course of captivity.
Readers will learn:
- The uncomplicated components of kidnapping and abduction
- The motivations and mechanisms of kidnappers
- The hotspots the place kidnapping/hostage taking is prevalent
- Vehicles most suitable for avoidance of kidnap risk and recommendations for up-armoring an latest vehicle
- How to acknowledge rapid threats and precautions to be taken in assessing probability level
- The sorts of guns so much favourite through kidnappers and their possibility level
- Available bullet-resistant fabrics and their use in stab- and bullet-resistant vests
- Resistance methodologies and guns for self-defense
- Legislation in a number of nations referring to the sporting of weapons
- How to outlive long term abduction if kidnapped
- How to top help the specialists as soon as released
Essential interpreting for a person dwelling, doing company, or touring in a foreign country or at sea, this functional instruction manual finds strategies that top allow these prone to guard opposed to an attack―or within the worse-case situation, raise their possibilities for survival.
Continue reading Download E-books Kidnapping and Abduction: Minimizing the Threat and Lessons in Survival PDF
By Jacques E. C. Hymans
Dozens of states have lengthy been in a position to buying nuclear guns, but just a couple of have truly performed so. Jacques E. C. Hymans unearths that the major to this striking old development lies no longer in externally imposed constraints, yet relatively in kingdom leaders' conceptions of the nationwide id. Synthesizing a variety of scholarship from the arts and social sciences to experimental psychology and neuroscience, Hymans builds a rigorous version of decisionmaking that hyperlinks identification to feelings and finally to nuclear coverage offerings. Exhaustively researched case experiences of France, India, Argentina, and Australia - that acquired the bomb and that abstained - display the price of this version whereas debunking universal myths. This e-book can be useful to policymakers and anxious electorate who're annoyed with the common misjudgments of states' nuclear goals, and to students who search a greater realizing of the way leaders make giant international coverage judgements.
Continue reading Download E-books The Psychology of Nuclear Proliferation: Identity, Emotions and Foreign Policy PDF
By Wayne B. Yeager
"Every secure is weak, and when you know the way to drill, punch, and peel a secure, it's just a topic of time and resolution sooner than these vulnerabilities should be exploited". -- Reflex
No secure is safe, simply because locksmiths needs to be capable of get within if the lock breaks. This booklet ilustrates each identified technique for breaking into safes, vaults and safety-deposit boxes:
-- blend Guessing
-- blend Theft
-- Explosives. For all these lucky sufficient to have anything worthy protecting secure, ideas of Safe-racking is eye beginning interpreting.
Continue reading Download E-books Techniques of Safecracking PDF
By Slava Gomzin
Must-have advisor for pros answerable for securing credits and debit card transactions
As fresh breaches like goal and Neiman Marcus convey, cost card details is considering extra protection breaches than the other information style. In too many areas, delicate card information seriously isn't safe competently. Hacking aspect of Sale is a compelling e-book that tackles this huge, immense challenge head-on. Exploring all points of the matter intimately - from how assaults are established to the constitution of magnetic strips to point-to-point encryption, and extra – it truly is filled with functional thoughts. This very good source is going past average PCI compliance publications to supply actual options on how you can in attaining higher safeguard on the aspect of sale.
- A targeted booklet on credits and debit card defense, with an emphasis on point-to-point encryption of check transactions (P2PE) from criteria to layout to application
- Explores all teams of protection criteria acceptable to cost functions, together with PCI, FIPS, ANSI, EMV, and ISO
- Explains how secure components are hacked and the way hackers spot vulnerabilities
- Proposes shielding maneuvers, akin to introducing cryptography to fee purposes and higher securing program code
Hacking aspect of Sale: check program secrets and techniques, Threats, and Solutions is vital studying for protection companies, software program architects, specialists, and different execs charged with addressing this critical problem.
Continue reading Download E-books Hacking Point of Sale: Payment Application Secrets, Threats, and Solutions PDF
By Robert Shimonski
Client-Side assaults and safeguard bargains heritage networks opposed to its attackers. The e-book examines the types of client-side assaults and discusses other forms of assaults in addition to supply equipment together with, yet no longer restricted to, browser exploitation, use of wealthy net purposes, and dossier structure vulnerabilities. It additionally covers defenses, akin to antivirus and anti-spyware, intrusion detection structures, and end-user schooling.
The booklet explains how one can safe internet browsers, resembling Microsoft net Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Apple Safari, and Opera. It discusses complex internet assaults and complex defenses opposed to them. additionally, it explores assaults on messaging, net purposes, and mobiles. The publication concludes with a dialogue on security features opposed to client-side assaults, ranging from the making plans of safety.
This ebook may be of serious price to penetration testers, safeguard experts, method and community directors, and IT auditors.
- Design and enforce your individual assault, and attempt methodologies derived from the method and framework provided via the authors
- Learn how one can advance your network's host- and network-based safeguard opposed to attackers' no 1 distant exploit―the client-side attack
- Defend your community opposed to assaults that concentrate on your company's such a lot susceptible asset―the finish user
Continue reading Download E-books Client-Side Attacks and Defense PDF
By William Stallings, Lawrie Brown
Computer safeguard: ideas and perform, 3rd Edition, is perfect for classes in Computer/Network protection. It additionally offers a high-quality, up to date reference or self-study instructional for approach engineers, programmers, method managers, community managers, product advertising and marketing body of workers, procedure aid specialists.
In fresh years, the necessity for schooling in computing device safeguard and similar themes has grown dramatically—and is vital for an individual learning desktop technology or laptop Engineering. this can be the one textual content to be had to supply built-in, accomplished, up to date insurance of the huge diversity of subject matters during this subject. In addition to an intensive pedagogical software, the ebook offers exceptional help for either learn and modeling initiatives, giving scholars a broader perspective.
It covers all safety subject matters thought of center in the EEE/ACM machine technological know-how Curriculum. This textbook can be utilized to prep for CISSP Certification, and contains in-depth assurance of desktop safety, know-how and rules, software program safety, administration matters, Cryptographic Algorithms, net protection and more.
The textual content and educational Authors organization named Computer protection: rules and perform, First Edition, the winner of the Textbook Excellence Award for the simplest machine technology textbook of 2008.
Teaching and studying Experience
This software provides a greater instructing and studying experience—for you and your scholars. it's going to help:
- Easily combine tasks on your path: This ebook offers an unheard of measure of help for together with either study and modeling initiatives on your direction, giving scholars a broader perspective.
- Keep Your direction present with up-to-date Technical Content: This variation covers the most recent developments and advancements in machine security.
- Enhance studying with attractive positive aspects: Extensive use of case experiences and examples presents real-world context to the textual content material.
- Provide vast help fabric to teachers and Students: scholar and teacher assets can be found to extend at the issues provided within the textual content.
Continue reading Download E-books Computer Security: Principles and Practice (3rd Edition) PDF
By Charlie Savage
Praised in every single place as a gorgeous paintings of reportage, TAKEOVER lays naked a hidden schedule, 3 a long time within the making, to permit the White residence to wield huge, immense powers, unchecked by means of Congres or the courts--an time table that hyperlinks warrantless wiretapping and Bush's judicial nominees, torture and Cheney's strength job strength, the faith-based initiative and the imprisonment of electorate with no trial. TAKEOVER tells the tale of the way a bunch of precise believers, led by means of Cheney, got down to identify near-monarchical government powers that, within the phrases of 1 conservative critic, "will lie round like a loaded weapon" for any destiny president.< ?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
Continue reading Download E-books Takeover: The Return of the Imperial Presidency and the Subversion of American Democracy PDF
By John Ross
Are the machines on your place of work residing remoted lives? Do you will have a number of desktops at domestic that you really want to connect with one another and the web? easy methods to percentage records on a gaggle of desktops is to create a community. yet how do you do that?
Network Know-How is your consultant to connecting your machines, jam-packed with functional recommendation that would assist you to get issues performed. you are going to study the nitty-gritty of community setup, layout, and upkeep, from working cables and putting instant entry issues to configuring dossier sharing and printing. This useful and complete consultant will educate you ways to enforce defense, create intranets, and extra. you are going to find out how to:
- Connect home windows, Macintosh, and Linux computers
- Implement community addressing
- Configure your community adapters, hubs, switches, and router
- Share song, images, and documents
- Automate family home equipment and movement electronic audio and video for your domestic leisure center
- Troubleshoot community slowdowns and failures
No subject which working method you utilize, or even if you might have by no means put in or run a community prior to, you will get what you must comprehend in Network Know-How..
Continue reading Download E-books Network Know-How: An Essential Guide for the Accidental Admin PDF