If you must how to software, operating with Python is a wonderful approach to begin. This hands-on advisor takes you thru the language a step at a time, starting with simple programming thoughts sooner than relocating directly to features, recursion, facts constructions, and object-oriented layout. This moment version and its aiding code were up-to-date for Python 3.
Through routines in every one bankruptcy, you’ll test programming suggestions as you research them. imagine Python is perfect for college kids on the highschool or collage point, in addition to self-learners, home-schooled scholars, and execs who have to research programming fundamentals. newcomers simply getting their ft rainy will how one can commence with Python in a browser.
- Start with the fundamentals, together with language syntax and semantics
- Get a transparent definition of every programming concept
- Learn approximately values, variables, statements, capabilities, and knowledge constructions in a logical progression
- Discover tips on how to paintings with documents and databases
- Understand gadgets, tools, and object-oriented programming
- Use debugging strategies to mend syntax, runtime, and semantic errors
- Explore interface layout, info constructions, and GUI-based courses via case studies
Continue reading Download E-books Think Python: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist PDF
By taking you thru the advance of a true net software from commencing to finish, the up-to-date moment variation of this hands-on advisor demonstrates the sensible benefits of test-driven improvement (TDD) with Python. You’ll the way to write and run exams ahead of construction each one a part of your app, after which increase the minimal quantity of code required to move these exams. the end result? fresh code that works.
You Will Learn Python!
Zed Shaw has perfected the world's top process for studying Python. stick to it and you may succeed-just just like the millions of newcomers Zed has taught thus far! You convey the self-discipline, dedication, and patience; the writer provides every little thing else.
In Learn Python the not easy approach, 3rd Edition, you will study Python by way of operating via fifty two brilliantly crafted routines. learn them. kind their code precisely. (No copying and pasting!) repair your error. Watch the courses run. As you do, you are going to learn the way software program works; what strong courses appear like; the best way to learn, write, and consider code; and the way to discover and attach your error utilizing methods expert programmers use. most significantly, you are going to research the next, that you have to commence writing first-class Python software program of your own:
Installing a whole Python environment
Organizing and writing code
Strings and text
Interacting with users
Working with files
Looping and logic
Data buildings utilizing lists and dictionaries
Inheritance and composition
Modules, periods, and objects
Basic online game development
Basic internet development
It'll be demanding initially. yet quickly, you will simply get it-and that would believe nice!
This educational will present you for each minute you set into it. quickly, you are going to recognize one of many world's strongest, well known programming languages. you will be a Python programmer.
Watch Zed, too! The accompanying DVD comprises five+ hours of passionate, strong instructing: a whole Python video course!
Continue reading Download E-books Learn Python the Hard Way: A Very Simple Introduction to the Terrifyingly Beautiful World of Computers and Code (3rd Edition) (Zed Shaw's Hard Way Series) PDF
By Gennadiy Zlobin
Written for intermediate Python programmers, this wonderful instructional might help streamline your paintings by utilizing layout styles. you are going to examine via instance and transparent causes to extend your knowledge and accelerate your output.
- Explore the Model-View-Controller trend and construct a URL shortening service
- All layout styles use a real-world instance that may be converted and utilized on your software
- No pointless concept! The booklet comprises merely the basic wisdom it is advisable to know
Design trend is a widely known method of remedy a few particular difficulties which every software program developer comes throughout in the course of his paintings. layout styles trap higher-level constructs that typically seem in courses. should you understand how to enforce the layout development in a single language, in most cases it is possible for you to to port and use it in one other object-oriented programming language.
The number of implementation language impacts using layout styles. certainly, a few languages are extra acceptable for definite initiatives than others. each one language has its personal set of strengths and weaknesses. during this publication, we introduce a number of the higher identified layout styles in Python. you'll study while and the way to take advantage of the layout styles, and enforce a real-world instance that you may run and look at by means of yourself.
You will begin with essentially the most well known software program structure styles that's the version- View-Controller trend. then you definately will circulate directly to know about creational layout styles that are Singleton and manufacturing unit, and structural styles that are Facade and Proxy. eventually, the booklet additionally explains 3 behavioural styles that are Command, Observer, and Template.
What you are going to study from this book
- Create diverse implementations of an identical set of rules with the least modifications
- Implement the publisher-subscriber pattern
- Create an item whilst just one example of it really is needed
- Create an easy interface utilizing the Facade layout pattern
- Increase the performance whereas leaving the interface unchanged
This ebook takes a tutorial-based and elementary method of overlaying Python layout styles. Its concise presentation signifies that in a brief area of time, you'll get an outstanding creation to numerous layout patterns.
Who this publication is written for
If you're an intermediate point Python consumer, this ebook is for you. previous wisdom of Python programming is vital. a few wisdom of UML can also be required to appreciate the UML diagrams that are used to explain a few layout patterns.
Continue reading Download E-books Learning Python Design Patterns PDF
By Noah Gift
Python is a perfect language for fixing difficulties, specifically in Linux and Unix networks. With this pragmatic ebook, directors can assessment a number of projects that frequently happen within the administration of those platforms, and learn the way Python supplies a extra effective and no more painful method to deal with them.
each one bankruptcy in Python for Unix and Linux procedure Administration provides a specific administrative factor, akin to concurrency or info backup, and offers Python recommendations via hands-on examples. when you end this publication, one could strengthen your personal set of command-line utilities with Python to take on quite a lot of difficulties. become aware of how this language may also help you:
- Read textual content records and extract information
- Run initiatives at the same time utilizing the threading and forking options
- Get info from one strategy to a different utilizing community facilities
- Create clickable GUIs to deal with huge and complicated utilities
- Monitor huge clusters of machines by way of interacting with SNMP programmatically
- Master the IPython Interactive Python shell to exchange or increase Bash, Korn, or Z-Shell
- Integrate Cloud Computing into your infrastructure, and discover ways to write a Google App Engine Application
- Solve exact info backup demanding situations with custom-made scripts
- Interact with MySQL, SQLite, Oracle, Postgres, Django ORM, and SQLAlchemy
With this e-book, you will how you can package deal and installation your Python functions and libraries, and write code that runs both good on a number of Unix structures. you are going to additionally know about numerous Python-related applied sciences that may make your existence a lot easier.
Continue reading Download E-books Python for Unix and Linux System Administration PDF
In basics OF PYTHON: FROM FIRST courses via info buildings, Washington and Lee college professor Kenneth A. Lambert offers the entire very important subject matters in CS1 and CS2 in a single quantity. This reasonably priced structure presents teachers with a constant method of educating introductory programming and information constructions over a regular two-term path series. The e-book makes use of the Python programming language, that is either effortless to profit for newbies and scales good to complicated functions.
Continue reading Download E-books Fundamentals of Python: From First Programs through Data Structures PDF
By Jan Erik Solem
If you will have a uncomplicated figuring out of computing device vision’s underlying thought and algorithms, this hands-on advent is the appropriate position to begin. You’ll examine options for item popularity, 3D reconstruction, stereo imaging, augmented truth, and different laptop imaginative and prescient purposes as you stick with transparent examples written in Python.
Programming desktop imaginative and prescient with Python explains laptop imaginative and prescient in vast phrases that won’t lavatory you down in conception. You get entire code samples with motives on how you can reproduce and construct upon every one instance, besides routines that will help you practice what you’ve realized. This e-book is perfect for college students, researchers, and fans with easy programming and conventional mathematical skills.
- Learn suggestions utilized in robotic navigation, scientific picture research, and different laptop imaginative and prescient applications
- Work with photograph mappings and transforms, equivalent to texture warping and landscape creation
- Compute 3D reconstructions from a number of photos of a similar scene
- Organize pictures in accordance with similarity or content material, utilizing clustering methods
- Build effective snapshot retrieval thoughts to look for pictures according to visible content
- Use algorithms to categorise photo content material and realize objects
- Access the preferred OpenCV library via a Python interface
Continue reading Download E-books Programming Computer Vision with Python: Tools and algorithms for analyzing images PDF
Master how one can construct dynamic HTML5-ready SVG charts utilizing Python and the pygal library
About This Book
- A functional advisor that is helping you holiday into the realm of information visualization with Python
- Understand the basics of establishing charts in Python
- Packed with easy-to-understand tutorials for builders who're new to Python or charting in Python
Who This booklet Is For
If you're a Python beginner or an skilled developer and need to discover information visualization libraries, then this can be the publication for you. No earlier charting or snap shots event is needed.
What you are going to Learn
- Build forms of Python charts and graphs
- Master the best way to construct Python snap shots libraries
- Test and validate your info sources
- Explore universal Python libraries for charts and graphics
- Build charts utilizing dynamic info from offline and on-line sources
- Use CSS to switch embedded SVG photographs in HTML pages
- Install and write Python code on home windows, Mac, or Linux
- Discover how you can set up and reference libraries in visible Studio or Eclipse
The most sensible purposes use facts and current it in a significant, easy-to-understand approach. jam-packed with pattern code and tutorials, this booklet will stroll you thru fitting universal charts, portraits, and application libraries for the Python programming language.
Firstly you will find the best way to set up and reference libraries in visible Studio or Eclipse. we are going to then cross directly to construct uncomplicated photographs and charts that let you generate HTML5-ready SVG charts and graphs, in addition to trying out and validating your info assets. we are going to additionally hide parsing info from the net and offline assets, and development a Python charting program utilizing dynamic info. finally, we'll evaluate different renowned instruments and frameworks used to create charts and import/export chart facts. via the top of this booklet, it is possible for you to to symbolize advanced units of knowledge utilizing Python.
Continue reading Download E-books Learning Python Data Visualization PDF
- Learn the right way to paintings with numerous info and create appealing maps utilizing this easy-to-follow guide.
- Give a slightly of professionalism for your maps either for performance and appear and feel with the aid of this useful guide.
- A innovative hands-on consultant that builds on a geo-spatial information and provides extra reactive maps through the use of geometry tools.
QGIS is a undemanding open resource geographic details procedure (GIS) that runs on Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, and home windows. the recognition of open resource geographic info platforms and QGIS specifically has been becoming swiftly during the last few years.
Learning QGIS 3rd version is a realistic, hands-on advisor up to date for QGIS 2.14 that offers you with transparent, step by step workouts that will help you follow your GIS wisdom to QGIS. via transparent, useful routines, this e-book will introduce you to operating with QGIS quick and painlessly.
This publication takes you from fitting and configuring QGIS to dealing with spatial facts to making nice maps. you are going to methods to load and visualize present spatial facts and create info from scratch. you'll get to grasp vital plugins, practice universal geoprocessing and spatial research projects and automate them with Processing.
We will conceal tips to in attaining nice cartographic output and print maps. eventually, you are going to the way to expand QGIS utilizing Python or even create your personal plugin.
What you'll learn
- Install QGIS and get conversant in the person interface
- Load vector and raster information from records, databases, and net services
- Create, visualize, and edit spatial data
- Perform geoprocessing projects and automate them
- Create complex cartographic outputs
- Design nice print maps
- Expand QGIS utilizing Python
About the Author
Anita Graser studied geomatics on the collage of technologies Wiener Neustadt, Austria, from the place she graduated with a master's measure in 2010. in the course of her experiences, she won hands-on adventure within the fields of geo-marketing and transportation learn. due to the fact 2007, she has been operating as a geographic info platforms (GIS) professional with the dynamic transportation structures crew on the Austrian Institute of know-how (AIT), the place she makes a speciality of studying and visualizing spatio-temporal facts. Anita serves at the OSGeo board of administrators and the QGIS undertaking steerage committee. She has been operating with GIS considering that 2005, presents QGIS education classes, and writes a favored weblog on open resource GIS at anitagraser.com.
Table of Contents
- Getting begun with QGIS
- Viewing Spatial Data
- Data production and Editing
- Spatial Analysis
- Creating nice Maps
- Extending QGIS with Python
Continue reading Download E-books Learning QGIS - Third Edition PDF
Learn to seize movies, manage photos, and song gadgets with Python utilizing the OpenCV Library
- Set up OpenCV, its Python bindings, and not obligatory Kinect drivers on home windows, Mac or Ubuntu
- Create an software that tracks and manipulates faces
- Identify face areas utilizing common colour photos and intensity images
Computer imaginative and prescient can achieve shoppers in a variety of contexts through webcams, digicam telephones and gaming sensors like Kinect. OpenCV's Python bindings may also help builders meet those shopper calls for for purposes that trap photos, switch their visual appeal and extract details from them, in a high-level language and in a standardized information structure that's interoperable with clinical libraries equivalent to NumPy and SciPy.
"OpenCV machine imaginative and prescient with Python" is a pragmatic, hands-on advisor that covers the basic projects of laptop vision—capturing, filtering and studying images—with step by step directions for writing either an program and reusable library classes.
"OpenCV machine imaginative and prescient with Python" indicates you the way to exploit the Python bindings for OpenCV. via following transparent and concise examples you'll boost a working laptop or computer imaginative and prescient program that tracks faces in dwell video and applies lighting tricks to them. when you've got constantly desired to study which model of those bindings to take advantage of, tips on how to combine with cross-platform Kinect drivers and and the way to successfully strategy photograph info with NumPy and SciPy then this publication is for you.
What you'll research from this book
- Install OpenCV and comparable software program corresponding to Python, NumPy, SciPy, OpenNI, and SensorKinect—all on home windows, Mac or Ubuntu
- Capture, demonstrate, and store photographs and real-time videos
- Handle window occasions and enter occasions utilizing OpenCV's HighGui module or Pygame
- Understand OpenCV's picture layout and the way to accomplish effective operations on OpenCV photos with NumPy and SciPy
- Apply "curves" and different colour modifications to simulate the glance of outdated photographs, video clips or video games
- Apply an impression basically to edges in an image
- Copy and resize segments of an image
- Apply an impression merely to sure depths in a picture by utilizing facts from a intensity sensor equivalent to Kinect
- Track faces, eyes, noses and mouths through the use of prebuilt datasets
- Track arbitrary items via developing unique datasets
A useful, project-based instructional for Python builders and hobbyists who are looking to start with computing device imaginative and prescient with OpenCV and Python.
Who this ebook is written for
OpenCV laptop imaginative and prescient with Python is written for Python builders who're new to machine imaginative and prescient and need a realistic consultant to educate them the necessities. a few realizing of photo info (for instance, pixels and colour channels) will be priceless. At a minimal you'll want entry to 1 webcam. definite workouts require extra like a moment webcam, a Microsoft Kinect or an OpenNI-compliant intensity sensor similar to the Asus Xtion PRO.
Continue reading Download E-books OpenCV Computer Vision with Python PDF